Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-13 01:35:27

gregfritz

Side-effects of anxiety?

I noticed over the years that anxiety in and of itself can use things in the body to happen. Because of the worry and stress, I noticed that I carry tension in my neck and shoulders which frequently leads to migraines. I also get periods of IBS and stomach issues in general. My doctor calls it a "nervous stomach" and says most people with anxiety have this. What side-effects of anxiety have you noticed?

#2 2020-06-13 20:41:05

dividednationz

Re: Side-effects of anxiety?

I usually just end up very tired and weak. I sometimes struggle with staying warm as well. I will get cold hands and feet but I think this is more down to me being less active when I am more anxiety-prone.

#3 2020-06-18 23:01:27

tigerbound

I have stomach issues too but only when I am worrying too much. They tend to come on suddenly too. Like the butterflies in your stomach kind of thing. If I am going somewhere new or where I am uncomfortable, I will often get diarrhea.

#4 2020-06-26 00:38:59

lazytuesdays

I have trouble with my stomach big time and it doesn't help that I also have health anxiety. Sometimes it happens when I am in the middle of a panic attack when I have high anxiety, or a few days after I had been worrying about something. Currently having the issue right now. The pains are bad. I can't even eat much outside of soup and toast.

#5 2020-07-01 22:57:10

gregfritz

I guess the stomach thing is very common. No wonder my doctor didn't seem concerned over it. I too get very tired after a panic attack. I usually have to sleep for a good hour to feel normal again.

Board footer