Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-16 21:57:11

cl0ud9

Repetitive thoughts

Can OCD only effect the mind or does it need to be carried on in action?

I have thoughts that seem to come and stick for a while and I have trouble focusing on something else. I think about horrible things like people I love being hurt or killed, me hurting someone be it a person or animal, and thoughts of catching an illness and dying from it.

#2 2020-06-27 01:09:53

lonelygamer56

Re: Repetitive thoughts

Are you talking about thought-action fusion? Where a person will think bad things on repeat and feel as if they had done this act without it even happening? Not all people with OCD have behavioral patterns that are set into action. Some people only have thoughts they can't shake.

#3 2020-06-27 22:21:07

BlueClover

Re: Repetitive thoughts

You can have OCD thoughts and not mannerisms, sure. I have known people to have to constantly be busy doing things to avoid these kinds of thoughts from setting in. They often are people who are workaholics and force themselves into positions of doing a lot for others just to keep their schedule filled.

Board footer