Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-27 01:13:34

lonelygamer56

Common food addictions?

The only food-related addiction I have ever seen someone have is related to soda. A cousin of mine drinks 2 liters of soda every day. Usually Pepsi or Coke and if he goes one day without it, he gets angry. I used to think he was addicted to the caffeine but he switched to caffeine free a few years ago and still can't shake the habit.

Are there other common food addictions people struggle with outside of soda?

#2 2020-06-27 22:15:36

BlueClover

Re: Common food addictions?

Foods that are more addictive tend to be higher in fat, sugar, and overly processed. One of the most addictive foods in the US is pizza. I know someone who struggles with an addiction to the food. He eats an entire pizza to himself 5 days a week, sometimes he eats one every day for weeks. He isn't obese so he doesn't think he has a problem. His health is not in a good way.

#3 2020-07-01 23:18:39

gregfritz

Re: Common food addictions?

Fried foods and fast foods seem to be an issue for people. Sugar as well. I know sugar can be as addictive as street drugs for some people. They can't function without eating some every day.

Board footer