Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-18 22:54:16

tigerbound

OCD worse from the virus outbreak?

Does anyone here suffer from OCD that deals with germs?

I feel like because of this outbreak with the coronavirus a lot of people are under higher levels of stress that deal with this. I am a bit worried about my mother. She always showed mild signs of OCD but never got formally diagnosed. She must be washing her hands 30 times a day since this outbreak happened. My father said she is now showering twice a day as well, even if she doesn't leave the house.

#2 2020-06-27 22:17:56

BlueClover

Re: OCD worse from the virus outbreak?

I have a mild case of this, mine is more of a phobia. I washed my hands several times a day, can't use public restrooms, and I won't eat out at restaurants. I can't remember the last time I had fast food. The idea of someone else touching my food grosses me out. Since the virus, I haven't been much worse. I just tend to avoid people more.

#3 2020-07-01 23:19:40

gregfritz

Re: OCD worse from the virus outbreak?

Someone I know from another forum who I play games with online mentioned his OCD being worse. He can't even go to his friend's or family's houses right now. He has been this way since he heard about the virus back in January.

Board footer