Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-26 00:35:03

lazytuesdays

I hate feeling overwhelmed all the time

I think most people who have anxiety (the kind that interferes with your day to day life,(not the kind you get from someone disliking your post on Facebook) you understand what it means to feel overwhelmed. Lately, I have been feeling so overwhelmed with day to day tasks that I am either getting too angry or too upset to cope and it frustrates me which ends up making me feel even more overwhelmed. It is a nasty cycle.

How do you cope with this? Do you have any kind of technique to talk yourself down from being too overwhelmed?

#2 2020-06-27 01:15:55

lonelygamer56

Re: I hate feeling overwhelmed all the time

Have you considered making boundaries for yourself? You have to establish them for work, relationships, and spare time. Don't spend too much time working, too much time with friends/family, or too much time doing nothing productive. You have to find a balance for yourself so you don't end up feeling rushed or under pressure to go places or do certain tasks.

#3 2020-06-27 22:00:34

BlueClover

Try giving yourself a timeframe to worry and overthink things. Some say 10 minutes is enough, others say 20 but no more than that. Do this earlier in the day and not closer to bedtime because the thoughts can keep cycling. Try to make a daily habit of it and see if that helps you out.

#4 2020-06-30 20:48:07

shatteredbits

I get frustrated by stupid things all the time and end up getting overwhelmed too. Just earlier today, a bottle kept falling over and I nearly picked it up and threw it across the room because I was so mad over it. You have to find something that helps relax you. Deep breathing, yoga, or just general exercise. It has helped me.

#5 2020-07-01 23:02:37

gregfritz

You aren't alone. I think that most people who have anxiety have issues with this. I know I do and it can be very aggravating and self-defeating. Something that has helped me is to stop, take 10 long and slow deep breaths and just tell myself, it is not a big deal.

Board footer