Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-13 01:40:20

gregfritz

Depressing thoughts from the virus, riots, etc.

Because of everything happening this year, I noticed myself getting in patterns of depressing thoughts. One time the topic of suicide was brought up in a show I was watching and for whatever reason, it just made me tense up bad and feel sick to my stomach. I was covered in sweat. The reason this happened is because for a split second the thought of myself doing it crossed my mind and it freaked me out.

I have thoughts like this now and then but more so this year. Thinking of getting the virus and dying. Of being in the wrong place and the wrong time and being shot because of these race wars going on. I never ponder on these thoughts for long but the fact that my mind goes here even for a minute scares me.  Anyone else get like this?

#2 2020-06-13 20:48:22

dividednationz

Re: Depressing thoughts from the virus, riots, etc.

I feel all kinds of emotions. I am angry, scared, I feel hate and sadness in my heart. It is hard to really grasp what is going on and I know you are going through. I feel depressed in moments of thinking about these things but I have to pull myself away from it all. It makes my anxiety worse to focus on it, to discuss it, or to just hear about it.

#3 2020-06-26 00:56:42

lazytuesdays

I have some major bouts of anxiety. It helps to just tune out the news and avoid people who are obsessed with the topic. I told my brother who is very into politics that I needed to take a break from it all for a while and distance myself from conversations with him. He was mad but he got over it.

#4 2020-07-01 23:16:10

gregfritz

I have since stopped following the news and politics and have felt better. I don't know how people can cope with filling themselves up with that day after day.

Board footer