Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-16 21:53:44

cl0ud9

Feeling overwhelmed sometimes

I don't know if this is depression or not but at times, I feel so overwhelmed with what is going on in my general life and the world around me that I feel like I am going to snap in half. I worry and I just feel so down and out, even about things I should be happy for. I just can't bring myself to be fully happy because I am worrying too much.

#2 2020-06-26 00:58:14

lazytuesdays

Re: Feeling overwhelmed sometimes

Excessive worry and dread tend to be an issue with anxiety more than depression. For most folks, depression feels like you just don't have any interest in life. You almost feel indifferent to everything and this ends up making you feel sad and alone.

#3 2020-06-27 22:11:27

BlueClover

I agree with lazytuesdays. This sounds more like anxiety than depression although you can have periods of feeling like this from anxiety brought on directly from depression. Everyone is a bit different.

#4 2020-06-28 23:40:31

RedRuuby

lazytuesdays wrote:

Excessive worry and dread tend to be an issue with anxiety more than depression. For most folks, depression feels like you just don't have any interest in life. You almost feel indifferent to everything and this ends up making you feel sad and alone.

Really? I was having these issues when I thought I had depression, ended up being told I have bipolar. Maybe I have had anxiety longer than I realized. I thought that it had only just started since my diagnosis. I will have to ask my doctor about this.

Board footer