Hip Hop Saved My Life by Snarley Brown

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
cryztals

Thu May 30, 2019 2:16 am

Not really news related but a good read on how music can turn anyone's life around for the better.

Here is a bit of the article:
With so many legitimate movements, artists, engineers, and videographers worth following, Alaska is finally starting to make a footprint on this shit. There’s a noticeable buzz that was never there before following release dates, venues, shows, and showcases. We went from rapping in front of an empty room to having fans we’ve never even met. It’s safe to say all the years of bullshit are finally starting to pay off.

Not too long ago, we (the Press) did a fair amount of coverage revolving around the rebirth of Anchorage’s rap battle scene. At the time, the folk behind the curtain, pulling all the strings were a mere party of two. Gorilla in the Trunk Entertainment was a duo consisting of local Producer DJ Allegiance and Anchorage rap battle veteran Jacob Jump. More or less they were just two guys trying to fill a creative hole in our city. Catching up with one of the founding members of both Gorilla in the Trunk Music and local battle rap league Rhyme Different, Jacob Jump gives us some insight to his recent growth in involvement:

“When I decided to start up the battle rap league Rhyme Different, it gave me an opportunity to focus on the business of that and more on my music,” he said. “Before the new League I was primarily doing nothing but competing in battle rap as far as writing bars. Writing and recording music is a different game. In order to be relevant, you have to be consistent.”
You can read it in full here: https://www.anchoragepress.com/music/th ... b8877.html
m3xtack

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:08 pm

This was a good read for sure. Nice find. I don't know who he is but I know some people who can relate to him. He actually sounds a lot like a close friend of mine.
ShArk

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:33 am

m3xtack wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:08 pm
This was a good read for sure. Nice find. I don't know who he is but I know some people who can relate to him. He actually sounds a lot like a close friend of mine.
Music is one of those art forms that can have such a great impact on someone's life, they rarely recognize it today. I have read stories similar to this one and I am glad some people still share on the power of music like this.