At the moment you are viewing this site as a guest. In order for you to participate in this community we require you to create a free membership.

It takes less than a minute and all you need is a valid email address.

Click To Register >>>
ucp.php?mode=register

Irish Hip Hop is a Thing...

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
ShArk
United States of America

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:29 am

Today, in both the north and south, Irish hip-hop in particular is thriving. Belfast's Kneecap and Dublin's Versatile play headline shows in venues which have historically eluded most native acts – let alone rappers – while the likes of Jafaris, Kojaqu and Nuxsense are producing innovative, exciting music that should be as big globally as it is locally.
You can read an interview here with one of the rappers: https://www.vice.com/amp/en_uk/article/ ... -versatile

I have not listened to much Irish rap but to give you a taste:

I like this dude.

Lil P
Canada

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:00 pm

I heard about some of these guys but never really got into it. After playing that for a minute, I am going to check out more of Jafaris' work as well as the others mentioned. Sounds pretty good.
Yo-She

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:32 am

I like this track!! I never heard of this dude or any of the names mentioned. I am def checking them out tonight. Thanks for sharing this! I sware I miss out on so much good music cause I stay local.
skrilZZ
United States of America

Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:46 am

I heard some tracks form these guys and it is freshening in a way. It is like in Irland, they are somewhere in 2005. lol My favorite period for hip hop has to be like 1995 to 2005.
redMT2

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:10 am

Yo-She wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:32 am
I like this track!! I never heard of this dude or any of the names mentioned. I am def checking them out tonight. Thanks for sharing this! I sware I miss out on so much good music cause I stay local.
I think hip hop was late to becoming a mainstream thing over there which is why a lot of popular names fall under the radar still.
Xport

Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:19 am

I'll have to find the name of this dude. A friend of mine started listening to him and I know he is in the Irish hip hop scene. Really talented too. Makes a lot of dudes in the US look average in comparison.