Hip Hop Meets Country

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopstical

Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:20 pm

Hip hop acts have previously stepped foot on the Ryman stage, but never as a headline act, the Tennessean of Nashville reported. Floetry and Slum Village were opening acts in 2002 and rapper Nelly shared the stage during a charity gig with the country music duo Florida Georgia Line in 2013, the report said.

Staten Island’s Wu-Tang Clan, which includes members Method Man, Ghostface Killah, Raekwon, RZA, and GZA, recently celebrated the 25th anniversary of their debut album, “Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers).”
Source: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/w ... ntry-music

This is a pretty big deal. I am glad to see a classic hip hop group being the first and not one of the newer names. Wu-Tang is universally loved by so many different people that I am surprised they haven't done it sooner. Anyone going to be attending this?
WishSlayr

Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:21 pm

I thought they had a lot of hip hop events here. I guess they just never had a hip hop headliner like they mentioned. Cool stuff for sure. I am sure they will get a huge crowd.
cryztals

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:06 pm

WishSlayr wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:21 pm
I thought they had a lot of hip hop events here. I guess they just never had a hip hop headliner like they mentioned. Cool stuff for sure. I am sure they will get a huge crowd.
Yeah they were either openers or part of a group they never were the headliners. If I was closer to the area, I would totally go. Love me some Wu-Tang.