Tucson Hip Hop Festival Growing

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopstical

Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:35 pm

In its third year, the Tucson Hip Hop Festival is expanding from a single day to four, with over 100 local and regional artists participating in workshops, panel discussions and one-on-one mentorships.

When festival directors Jocelyn Valencia and Pike Romero came up with the idea for a Tucson festival in 2015, they wanted to help educate the Tucson community on all aspects of hip-hop culture.

“From what I’m aware of, we’re the only hip-hop festival that’s been built from the ground up that’s very grassroots and also represents all the elements of hip-hop culture,” Valencia said.
You can read more about the event here: https://tucson.com/entertainment/music/ ... 92b4d.html

I'm not a festival goer so I never actually heard of this but if I was in the area, I would go in a heart beat. Sounds like a good time. Good music, food, hanging out with people, etc.
WishSlayr

Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:20 pm

I few of my dudes went to this event last year. They heard about this being a 4 day event and will be going again this year. I didn't go, too far of a drive for me but I would like to. Maybe next year.
cryztals

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:09 pm

WishSlayr wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:20 pm
I few of my dudes went to this event last year. They heard about this being a 4 day event and will be going again this year. I didn't go, too far of a drive for me but I would like to. Maybe next year.
We don't have anything like this around here. It does sound like a lot of fun. I can bet my cousin will be going. I know he is close by to the spot.