At the moment you are viewing this site as a guest. In order for you to participate in this community we require you to create a free membership.

It takes less than a minute and all you need is a valid email address.

Click To Register >>>
ucp.php?mode=register

Twitter Blazes Lil Yachty & DC Young Fly For “How High 2”

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopNews

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:57 am

Lil Yachty and DC Young Fly caught flak on social media (again) thanks to their starring roles in How High 2, a remake of the cult classic featuring Method Man and Redman. The film premiered on the unofficial national holiday for weed connoisseurs, Saturday (April 20), on MTV at 9 p.m. ET.

The Bruce Leddy-directed picture also features Mike Epps, DeRay Davis, Susan Gallagher, Lil Baby, Blac Youngsta, Justine Skye, Nene Leakes and more.

Shot in Atlanta, the film revolves around two young entrepreneurs who grow a magical marijuana plant they eventually distribute. The supernatural weed gets stolen, and the two go on a mission to get it back.

Fans of the original How High initially met the film with skepticism after the sequel’s trailer revealed the memorable duo wouldn’t be in the remake.

How High 2 was set in motion with Method Man and Redman in 2017, but it was later revealed the partners-in-rhyme wouldn’t actually be in the sequel.

Twitter, of course, set fire to the revamp of the film.

Bangarang

Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:14 pm

Lookin at that, all I can say is "ehh"

It don't look like it appeals to me at all.
Gonna make it one day, believe me.
m3xtack

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:10 am

This is an example of trying too hard to put "humor" where it doesn't need to be. Yeah, pot heads and smoking weed can be funny but pushing it this hard is like, what? A slap in the face to the black communities. I almost feel like they are mocking em.
ShArk
United States of America

Thu May 02, 2019 1:30 am

m3xtack wrote:
This is an example of trying too hard to put "humor" where it doesn't need to be. Yeah, pot heads and smoking weed can be funny but pushing it this hard is like, what? A slap in the face to the black communities. I almost feel like they are mocking em.
I felt this way for a long time. Like I see a lot of these kinds of movies and they almost feel embarrassing. Like who would want to be part of this? Comedy is one thing but when you are just doing something for the money, it shows.
g code
United States of America

Mon May 13, 2019 12:57 am

Yeah this don't sit right with me. To be fair to them, a lot of these urban comedies don't. I don't mind comedy but there are a lot of series issues in inner cities and making comedies highlighting some of them ain't helping fix or mend the problems. This movie will be a hard pass from me.
m3xtack

Wed May 15, 2019 8:47 pm

ShArk wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:30 am
m3xtack wrote:
I felt this way for a long time. Like I see a lot of these kinds of movies and they almost feel embarrassing. Like who would want to be part of this? Comedy is one thing but when you are just doing something for the money, it shows.
Comedy seems to have hit a creative wall where you can't say or do certain things without the backlash. Like you can't be outspoken. You have to fit a narrative to make money.
ShArk
United States of America

Sat May 18, 2019 1:41 am

Comedy seems more like a dying animal. I struggle to find anything I enjoy anymore be it shows, movies or general stand up that is in the category of "comedy".